Friday, June 29, 2012

Tarangire Day 1 June 21

Well its been hectic.

We left at 8:30ish in the morning out of Arusha to head towards our first destination for our first set of game drives.

The drive wasn't bad. My grand-father and sister went into one van and I into another. I went with bird watchers, the travel was interesting to say the least.

We made several pit stops. The first not far out, just a local commercial gift shop. I didn't buy anything. I did however look at the cute newborn kittens that were outside :)

The hotel we're staying at is positively fantastic. A bull (male elephant) decided to go past the guards and right up to the front doors last night. We're staying here on more night I think. We'll see whats in store then.

Anyway the day we arrived we went out for 4:30 game drive. We saw elephants ...like huge beautiful matriarchs and tiny tiny babies. This along with zebras and a bunch more that I can't think of right now.

Dinner was awesome- but the animals were def. the hightlight of my day. p:

Tomorrow we have 2 game drives in store for us. One in the morning and one at night.

Can't wait to see what happens. (too tired to continue...off to bed now)

No comments:

Post a Comment